Get Ready For A Whole Lot Of Frank Shamrock

MMA legend Frank Shamrock granted The Park his first interview since the announcement that he will be facing Cung Le on March 29th in a Strikeforce/Elite XC copromotion. Among the topics touched on were:

* Why he chose to fight Le after once saying he had no interest in fighting him

* When the YouTube videos are coming

* Whether he plans to be a face or heel against Le

* Why fight Le before his brother Ken Shamrock

* The status of his fight with Ken

* His thoughts on Ken

* Why he believes Renzo Gracie won’t grant him a rematch

* His thoughts on the Randy Couture situation

* Which network passed on his reality show at the 11th hour

Shamrock is the definition of a walking sound byte and this interview was no different. Check’er out.

Frank Shamrock – 01/17/08

• Share/Bookmark

14 Comments so far »

1. Matt said,

Wrote on January 17, 2008 @ 2:07 pm

Another Great Interview Ariel. Nice job getting the first dibs after the Cung Le announcement which I think will be one of the more entertaining fights this year.

I am a fan of Shamrock and I would say in terms of entertainment value his fight with Baroni last year ranked in my top 5 fights of 07. It may have not been the technical grace of a Clay Guida or Tyson Griffin bout but what it lacked in technicality it made up for entertainment.

I also enjoyed to hear how he draws influence on the entertainment side from boxing and wrestling.

sweet stuff.

2. Ariel Helwani said,

Wrote on January 17, 2008 @ 2:22 pm

Thanks for the love Matt.

Couldn’t agree more about Baroni-Shamrock. This particular fight might not live up to those standards but I bet the trash-talking (at least from Shamrock) will be tremendous.

The man is a natural born heel.

3. AfroJoel said,

Wrote on January 18, 2008 @ 1:12 am

Frank should be a real test for Cung, I can’t wait for this fight.

Great site by the way.

4. Ariel Helwani said,

Wrote on January 18, 2008 @ 9:47 am

Thanks Afro.

Yeah, this is certainly a step up in competition for Cung.

5. Jake Da Snake said,

Wrote on January 21, 2008 @ 12:40 pm

When Frank gave Baroni a little extra and made him go to sleep, that was some real Mike Tyson shit. I think Franks next three opponents look like W’s including Robbie Lowller that kid is a joke…. also about Josh The Punk, I think Frank should fight him as a warm up before the Cung Le fight. As for Uncle Fester and the UFC their fights SUCK! P.S. Don’t support Uncle Fester Championships A.K.A. The UFC their fights SUCK!!!

6. Ariel Helwani said,

Wrote on January 22, 2008 @ 2:13 pm

Really? Who puts together as many good fights as they do on a consistent basis?

7. Matt said,

Wrote on January 23, 2008 @ 12:42 pm

I dont think Frank can fight Josh due to a 20 pound weight disadvantage. Frank would kill Josh.

UFC is the best organization for MMA on the planet right now. They put on the most amount of quality fights compared to any other organization.

Their free cards for 07 were some of the best of the year.
    You can hate Dana but dont hate the fighters and their performances.

I’d rather see a fighter fight a can than a fighter fight a freak show can. K1 and M1 need to keep the freak show fights to a minimum and save them for their middle year cards not their Year End Spectacular shows.

8. Ariel Helwani said,

Wrote on January 23, 2008 @ 12:44 pm

Well said, Matt. Well said.

9. Jake Da Snake said,

Wrote on January 24, 2008 @ 1:34 am

Uncle fester is a Bald Bastard with eyebrows.

10. Jarry Park - The Coliseum Of Combat Sports » Blog Archive » Mornin’ Muesli: Wladi, Louis, Sapp, Duddy… said,

Wrote on February 24, 2008 @ 5:02 am

[...] * Frank Shamrock didn’t seem as confident in that brother vs. brother match happening as he did when we spoke to him. [...]

11. Interview with Frank Shamrock | Inside Fights said,

Wrote on January 8, 2009 @ 6:50 pm

[...] Interview with Frank Shamrock [...]

12. apple iphone 5 said,

Wrote on November 18, 2011 @ 7:43 am

Can a computer virus infect my computer just by being online? No downloading or uploading. No file sharing. No instant messaging/chatting. No opening of new browsers or opening email or email contents and such. Just leaving my computer on with my homepage screen and connected to internet..

13. boxer puppy behavior said,

Wrote on March 3, 2014 @ 1:00 am

Hmm it appears like your blog ate my first comment (it was super long) so I gues I’ll
    just sum it up what I had written and say, I’m thoroughly enjoyong your blog.
    I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but I’m still neww to the whole thing.
    Do you have any points ffor rookie blog writers?
    I’d genuinely appreciate it.

14. Cheap ED hardy Sunglasses said,

Wrote on July 8, 2014 @ 6:30 am

Get Ready For A Whole Lot Of Frank Shamrock « JarryPark.com – How’s Taste My Website? Women’s Oakley sunglasses blue iridium silver (2)
    Cheap ED hardy Sunglasses http://www.sunglass-sales.net/494-cheap-edhardy-sunglasses

Comment RSS · TrackBack URI