Really loved this interview* particularly because Josh Haynes was very candid with his thoughts. Haynes makes his IFL debut tonight against Leopoldo Serao at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas (HDNet, 11 pm EST).
Haynes gained his initial fame on The Ultimate Fighter 3 when he made it to the finals against Michael Bisping. Unfortunately, though, he would end up losing the bout.
It’s been well-documented that his son has had to endure seven brain surgeries for a tumor he developed at a young age and that has very much endeared the 30-year-old figher in the eyes of MMA fans.
Some of the topics we discussed included:
* How he hooked up with the IFL
* Why he chose to make the switch from Team Quest to Xtreme Couture
* His thoughts on the Couture/UFC saga
* Why things soured between him and the UFC
* Why he has no interest in ever fighting for the UFC again
* His disappointment in what mixed martial artists earn for their fights
* The difference between fighting in a ring as opposed to a cage
Josh Haynes – 02/29/08
*The only part I didn’t love about this interview was that just moments before talking to Josh my audio recording system decided to crash on me. So, I was forced to record it using my computer microphone. That would explain the hollow and slightly distorted nature of my voice. Sorry about that. I promise the audio problems will be fixed soon!