It’s a great time to be a heavyweight in the UFC as that particular division is as wide open as ever. Randy Couture? Gone. Tim Sylvia? Gone. Mirko Cro Cop? Gone. Andrei Arlovski? Maybe gone. Fedor Emelianenko? No Chance. Josh Barnett? You must be kidding.
So, that pretty much leaves champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and everyone else fighting for second place. One of those fighters is Heath Herring, however, he’s already lost to Minotauro three times, most recently in July at UFC 73. Nevertheless, should “The Texas Crazy Horse” continue to build on his most recent victory against Cheick Kongo at UFC 82, one has to wonder if he’ll receive a fourth crack at Nogueira. Herring certainly hopes so.
MMARated Radio spoke to Herring about the topic of facing Nogueira again and much more:
* His victory over Kongo
* His thoughts on his UFC career thus far
* Is he happy in the UFC?
* How many fights are left on his contract?
* Should he receive a fourth shot against Minotauro?
* The infamous Yoshihiro Nakao kissing incident
* Does he regret it?
* His thoughts on Spike using the kiss footage to sell his UFC debut
All that and much more from a very candid Herring.