You may not have heard of Matt Makowski (2-0) yet, but all that may change soon enough. The 21-year-old fighter will face Nike Serra on the undercard of the May 31st Elite XC on CBS card.
There’s always pressure going into any bout but you would have to think that all the guys fighting on the undercard of this particular show will be looking to make a splash to get their fight on the broadcast. With quick workers like Kimbo Slice, James Thompson, Robbie Lawler and Phil Baroni headlining, one has to think that there will be plenty of room for an extra bout or two…or three.
MMARated Radio caught up with Makowski just a couple of weeks before the biggest fight of his young career:
* His thoughts on potentially fighting on CBS
* How did he land on the card?
* Will he look to press the issue to land on the televised portion of the card?
* His thoughts on Nick Serra
* Would he prefer to fight a BJJ practitioner or a striker?
* His rise up the amateur fighting ranks
* Is he surprised at how quickly his career has progressed?