(FULL DISCLOSURE: I HAVE RECENTLY ACCEPTED A POSITION AS ONE OF THE POLLSTERS ON WAMMA’S RANKING COMMITTEE.)
The World Alliance of Mixed Martial Arts was founded in November 2007. But, really now, what are they all about? What are they trying to accomplish?
Many MMA fans have asked these questions in the last five months and now its time to seek some answers.
So, MMARated Radio invited WAMMA’s President and CEO, David Szady, and its COO and Executive Vice President, Michael B. Lynch, to talk about WAMMA’s goals and what they have accomplished thus far. We even found out about an MMA legend that is now on board with WAMMA (hint: he’s quite the Natural).
Some other talking points:
* What was the impetus behind WAMMA
* What kind of reception have they received thus far
* Is the UFC on board?
* What kind of discussions have they had with Zuffa?
* Why should the UFC work with WAMMA?
* Is there really a need for an organization such as WAMMA?
* What are WAMMA’s goals?
* What have they been able to accomplish thus far
* Which big name fighter is now affiliated with WAMMA
* How will they help protect the health and safety of the fighters
* What kind of uniformity will they look to bring to the sport.
All that and, trust me, much more. A very interesting interview.