You’ll have to forgive Cung Le if he sounds a little tired during our interview. It’s tough being the new king of San Jose especially after earning that moniker following a grueling three round war against the likes of Frank Shamrock. Le impressed the entire MMA world this past Saturday night when he dominated Shamrock for fifteen minutes and eventually captured the Strikeforce middleweight crown after Shamrock broke his right forearm and was unable to continue fighting.
I had the pleasure of speaking to Le just days after the victory and among the topics we spoke about included:
* Has the reality of beating Frank Shamrock finally sunk in?
* Did he expect the fight to unfold as it did
* His thoughts on Frank Shamrock’s trash-talking tactics before and during the fight
* His game plan going into the bout
* Whether he knew he had broken Shamrock’s arm
* His thoughts on the end of the third round
* When he would like to fight next
* His current contract situation with Strikeforce