Frank Shamrock vs. Cung Le finally goes down this Saturday night and it’s about time since it seems as though we’ve been waiting for it a long time. That said, this one certainly seems to be lacking the kind of hype and excitement that surrounded Baroni-Shamrock in June. It might have to do with the fact that Cung Le’s no Phil Baroni on the mic or that Shamrock’s YouTube videos have been less than stellar. Regardless, this one just doesn’t have the same kind of juice. That’s not to say I am not looking forward to the fight becuase I think the San Jose crowd will make it seem extra special.
A couple of months ago, Shamrock stopped by the Park to talk about his upcoming fight against Le and a whole host of other topics such as:
* Why he chose to fight Le after once saying he had no interest in fighting him
* Whether he plans to be a face or heel against Le
* Why fight Le before his brother Ken Shamrock
* The status of his fight with Ken
* His thoughts on Ken
* Why he believes Renzo Gracie won’t grant him a rematch
* His thoughts on the Randy Couture situation
* Which network passed on his reality show at the 11th hour
Keep in mind this interview was conducted before the Ken Shamrock’s lackluster performance against Buzz Berry.
Frank Shamrock – 01/17/08