On Monday we invited Elite XC’s 160-pound champion, KJ Noons, to Jarry Park to discuss his upcoming title defense against Yves Edwards on 4/26.
And, as promised, here is our chat with Edwards as he nears one of the most important fights of his illustrious career. Important because it was less than a year ago that Edwards had lost five of his last six bouts and, needless to say, some were wondering if he should call it quits.
Three victories later, though, the Yves Edwards bandwagon is back in full force and he now finds himself one win away from full redemption.
Other topics he touched on included:
* The Elite XC/CBS deal
* Will this fight be televised on CBS (I’m going to keep asking until I get answers damn it!)
* The amazing Edson Berto knockout
* His Bahamian brother – Kimbo Slice
* The evolution of KJ Noons as an MMA fighter
* The second coming of Yves Edwards
Yves Edwards – 03/12/08