Random thoughts while dreaming of a fourth installment of Marquez-Vazquez…
* Nice to see MMA finally make it’s way to Monday Night Raw…except what was up with the boxing gloves? Does this mean we’re getting a Money-Show MMA match at ‘Mania? You know, of all the options out there, that would actually make the most sense because it would allow Show to use wrestling moves in the match. I fear that if it’s a straight boxing or wrestling bout it will surely bomb.
* Speaking of Mayweather, didn’t he sound like one of those dolls that repeats the same thing over and over again when you pull on a string in that first segment. If he really is making 20 million dollars I don’t understand why he’s not appearing in front of the live audience. The second one was a bit better but, still, where’s this Money May?
* Loved the ending. Orton definitely needs to be booked the strongest leading up to ‘Mania.
* I’ve been meaning to mention how much I hate the WWE title. Am I the only one who thinks the spinning belt gimmick cheapens the title? It just doesn’t seem prestigious enough with all that bling on it.
* I’ve always felt that three hours of RAW was a bit much (and that goes for Nitro as well) but next week’s super-sized edition sounds pretty cool. Wrestlemania Rewind? I vote for ‘Taker vs. Giant Gonzalez.
* Far be it for me to tell the editors of WWE.com how to run their site but, seriously now, what the heck is up with that Industry News feature?
* An update on Mark Coleman thanks to John Pollock of The Fight Network: The former UFC Heavyweight champion has signed a four-fight deal with the UFC. Zuffa does have an option to end the deal after two fights, though. All things considered, it’s a great deal for both parties. If Coleman goes on a winning streak they have him locked up and, if not, they can send him back into retirement.
* I keep forgetting that tomorrow marks World Victory Road‘s debut show. Shame it’s not on HDNet but, nevertheless, plenty of interesting bouts in the form of Gomi-Ludwig, Yoshida-Barnett and Misaki-Bahadurzada. Although, I can’t help but think of a bad TNA pay-per-view when I hear that name.
* Anyone out there have any thoughts on the Heyman Hustle? I’ve always enjoyed Heyman’s work but something seems a bit off with these videos. I think it has something to do with the fact that I would much rather see him interviewing Balls Mahoney than Joumana Kidd.
* When you’re done spending time at the Park today here’s a couple of solid articles to check out: NY Times article on pro wrestling and an ESPN.com article on the history of boxers in wrestling. Always interesting to read the mainstream media’s views on the industry (thanks to Park resident B-Sei for the tip).