* Not a bad episode of Monday Night Raw but certainly not a great one. I was disappointed we didn’t get an appearance from Mayweather or Big Show but at least we got that Press Conference video package which was effective.
* The one interesting thing I saw from the PC was that Mayweather was dressed in a full NY Yankees outfit. Are they turning him heel? I mean, why else would he be wearing a Yankees hat and jacket in Los Angeles. Hmmm…
* Speaking of Mayweather: 20 million?!?! Wow, good for him and Leonard Ellerbe. Think about it: When all is said and done, this whole deal will cost him 5 or 6 Monday nights and one Sunday night of work (not to mention the behind-the-scenes shoots but still). That has to be the easiest money he has ever made.
* It has come a week late but the mainstream media has finally picked up on the Mayweather storyline. No doubt the press conference helped because a quick Google News search shows A LOT more articles than just 24 hours ago.
* The whole Finlay-JBL-Hornswoggle storyline has gotten to be a little too TNA for me. All this illegitimate son talk really bores me.
* Who would have ever thought DH Smith would become such a jobber? I’ve got a couple of issues with the way his career has been handled but none bigger than that horrible name he’s been saddled with. Every time I hear it I can’t help but think of a certain book store.
* HBK better be turning on Flair at some point in the next few weeks because I can’t deal with all this lovey-dovey stuff.
* Best news of the day? Kofi Kingston and Santino Marella in the same ring tonight! Someone’s been reading the Muesli.
* In case you missed it, there was a press conference in NYC today to officially announce the May 3rd battle between Oscar De La Hoya and Steve Forbes. The most interesting part of that bout? De La Hoya is being trained by Floyd Mayweather Sr. while Forbes will have Roger Mayweather in his corner. Brilliant. Someone needs to book Floyd Sr. vs. Roger with Jeff as special guest ref before it’s too late.