***Update: The (UK) Sun has good report and a video clip of Mayweather’s appearance. Click here to check it out.
Random WWE No Way Out Thoughts…
1. Wow. Money. May. Wow. The best boxer in the world on WWE TV? Wow. This is bigger than Tyson because Tyson was washed up by the time he arrived. So, that said, why wasn’t his appearance advertised? They could have just mentioned he would be in attendance because I bet a lot more people would have purchased the show had they known Mayweather would be there.
2. Love the angle with Big Show but does this mean we are getting Mayweather v. Big Show at WM 24? I mean, wow (sorry I keep repeating that but I had NO IDEA this one was coming and am still in shock). Who’s behind this? Mark Cuban?
3. Please get rid of the ECW title. It’s worth less than the late Hardcore title right now
4. The bleeding mouth Gogoplata spot is so weak. We’ve all seen a real gogoplata and no one bleeds from it. I dig the fact that ‘Taker has employed this new MMA style but the blood cheapens it
5. Not even the Elimination Chamber could get Big Daddy V and Khali to have a good match
6. This Flair storyline has lost a lot of steam. It just doesn’t seem special
7. While we’re at it, I hope these HBK-Flair ‘Mania rumors are false. How does HBK benefit from defeating Flair? That spot should go to Kennedy or MVP (my pick would MVP)
8. If Mysterio’s injury was as bad as it was made out to be, why the hell did he wrestle? He wasn’t the champ, he wasn’t supposed to win…so what was the point? The Mayweather angle could have easily been done without him having to wrestle.
9. 3-Way at ‘Mania. Yawn.
10. I hated the triple threat match at WM 20 and I know I will hate this one. I’m sorry but there is no good reason why this match needs HHH. Okay, maybe one good reason (hint: he’s married to the boss’ daughter)
11. No surprise in the fact that I enjoyed the Raw Chamber match more than the Smackdown one. For a split second I actually thought Hardy might win but, alas, reality kicked in
12. If you would have told me that following Pavlik-Taylor II and Kimbo v. Tank that the event I would be most impressed by would be this PPV I would say your nuts. However, that’s exactly how I feel. It’s almost as though Vince & Co. said “um, don’t forget about us.” By the way, take Mayweather out of the equation and I might feel a little differently but, nevertheless, great job last night. I actually wrote to Large after the show and this is what he said:
“Money has…a hell of a publicist.”
Amen, Large. Amen.