A look at the week to come at Jarry Park…
– We teased this last week and for a while things looked bleak but, yes, legendary boxing trainer, Manny Steward, will join us to clear the air on his departure from Team Taylor. This one should be interesting.
– Bloodyelbow.com Editor-in-Chief, Luke Thomas, will stop by to break down UFC 78, where the main fighters go from here and Dana White’s announcement that Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva will defend his title against Dan Henderson in March. (I wonder if that fight will be billed as a unification bout or has Pride officially been erased for good?)
– Ring of Honor star, Larry Sweeney, will grace us with his Sweet ‘n Sour presence to discuss life on the Indy wrestling scene and if he has any aspirations of becoming the next ROH star to defect to WWE or TNA.
– Oscar De La Hoya will join Team Mayweather (Roger Mayweather & Leonard Ellerbe) and Team Hatton (Billy Graham & Kerry Kayes) on a conference call to hype Mayweather vs. Hatton on 12/8 and The Park will be there to cover it.
– MMA superagent, Ken Pavia, will talk about how he got into the fight game, his growing list of clients and whether Sean Salmon (a client of his) should ever fight again. (Salmon suffered an apparent seizure following a knockout by Yuki Sasaki at the Strikeforce show on Friday but appears to be fine.)
– A lot more is in the works but that’s all I want to announce for now…cool?
Finally, I am very excited to report that I will be a guest on the Fight Network radio program on Sirius Channel 186 this Thursday at approximately 3:10 p.m. EST. This is a tremendous honor for me as I am a huge admirer of all things Fight Network (including the great Live Audio Wrestling show). Truth be told, absolutely no one covers the combat sports world like they do and I can’t think of any better way of spending Thanksgiving than with Mauro Ranallo and John Pollock.