There’s another loaded weekend of combat sports on the horizon so we’re going to get a head start and hit you with a preview of the big one first: The 82nd Ultimate Fighting Championship pay-per-view.
I’ve been looking forward to this card since the Dan Henderson vs. Anderson Silva main event was announced back in October. Of course by now you know the story: Title vs. Title. Pride vs. UFC. Middleweight unification. It’s all so very exciting.
Since I have a feeling that Silva-Hendo might be one of the best main events of ’08, I called upon one of the best MMA writers around – Sam Caplan of CBSSports.com, ProElite.com and Fiveouncesofpain.com – to preview the card.
The main topics discussed included:
* Comparing the buzz leading up to this event as opposed to UFC 68 (the last card held in Columbus, OH)
* Do Pride titles even mean anything anymore?
* What does Dan Henderson need to do to derail the Spider?
* Is Cheick Kongo a legitimate Heavyweight contender?
* Evaluating Heath Herring’s UFC career
* What’s at stake for Jon Fitch and how dangerous is Chris Wilson?
* What does the future hold for Andrei Arlovski, Diego Sanchez and Josh Koscheck?
Sam’s appearances at The Park are always tremendous and some of my favorites. This one was no different.
Sam Caplan – 02/27/08