The State of Boxing

Mosley vs. CottoApologies for the lame title but that really is the best way to describe my conversation with Dave Larzelere aka Larz aka Large from No Mas. If you are a boxing enthusiast and haven’t checked his site out you’re truly missing out. For my money, he’s the best boxing writer on the world-wide-web (he’s also a tremendous musician, too). His sparring mate and the head of the No Mas empire, Chris Isenberg, designs the greatest sports t-shirts I have ever seen. Be sure to check those out as well (ahem, hopefully all that love will grant me some free shirts).

The last few months have produced some tremendous fights inside the squared circle and here’s hoping some more fireworks are produced in the next few weeks with Calzaghe-Kessler, Cotto-Mosley and Mayweather-Hatton on the horizon. Rest assured, Larz will be stepping into the Park to break down the sweet science every week but for his first appearance around these parts we wanted to briefly look at it, well, the state of boxing.

Oh, and when I say “briefly” I mean 45 minutes long so sit back and enjoy.

The State of Boxing with Larz

No Mas Scorecard [No Mas]
No Mas Online Store [No Mas]

• Share/Bookmark

11 Comments so far »

1. D-Bone said,

Wrote on October 25, 2007 @ 12:06 am

I love Large! Great show man, it’s about time someone covered this world. When are you interviewing Shamrock?

2. Ariel said,

Wrote on October 25, 2007 @ 12:35 am

I hope you are referring to Frank and not Ken because I don’t see how Ken is relevant anymore.

3. Joe's Left Hook said,

Wrote on October 25, 2007 @ 8:47 pm

I heard Salita may be on the Kessler undercard, is there any truth to that?

4. Ariel said,

Wrote on October 25, 2007 @ 9:07 pm

I actually heard that too. I’m going to call him tomorrow to find out. He needs to be fighting on some higher profile bouts so it makes sense.

5. Jarry Park - The Coliseum Of Combat Sports Interviews » Blog Archive » This Week’s Probables said,

Wrote on October 28, 2007 @ 9:25 pm

[...] boxing savante, Larz from No Mas, will preview this week’s best of boxing when we discuss Friday’s [...]

6. Joe's Left Hook said,

Wrote on October 30, 2007 @ 7:06 pm

it doesnt matter hbo is only showing the main event. the time difference is only 4 hours from whales so they will be fighting at one UK time and we will get it at nine.

7. Ariel Helwani said,

Wrote on October 31, 2007 @ 12:34 am

Interesting…he needs to fight in MSG ASAP.

Who do you think he should go after next?

8. Jarry Park - The Coliseum Of Combat Sports Interviews » Blog Archive » The State of Pro Wrestling said,

Wrote on November 1, 2007 @ 4:19 pm

[...] actually starting to grow on me and since our “state of boxing” disucssion with Larz of No Mas garnered so much interest we reached out to Bryan Alvarez, editor of the acclaimed Figure Four [...]

9. Jarry Park - The Coliseum Of Combat Sports Interviews » Blog Archive » Age Ain’t Nothing But A Number said,

Wrote on November 7, 2007 @ 12:23 pm

[...] come this Saturday night. However, as I mentioned a couple of weeks ago in my discussion with Larz from No Mas, something is stopping me from betting the house on the Puerto Rican sensation. Not [...]

10. Doodee said,

Wrote on February 2, 2008 @ 12:47 am

Thanks for sharing

11. CesMusUsase said,

Wrote on February 9, 2008 @ 8:54 pm

I’d prefer reading in my native language, because my knowledge of your languange is no so well. But it was interesting! Look for some my links:

Comment RSS · TrackBack URI